Over the last couple of weeks I've seen how complacent I've been over the summer. As of right now we have about 5 months will the first round of the games, which means it's time to lay the foundation for the season. In trying to take an objective look at my training I've noticed a number of trends:
>Lack of nutritional accountability: I've let myself get away with "I'm on a Westside Cycle" for too long, to the point that it has restricted my performance in MetCons.
>My core strength and stability have increased, which has allowed certain lifts and movements to improve. Thus the supplemental excersises from the Westside programming need to continue to be a part of my training.
>The Deadlift needs to become a focus, as it is a lead up excersise to the olympic lifts. I've never actually learned how to deadlift properly, and on heavy deadlift-centric workouts (ex. Linda) my back is the limiting factor.
>My overhead movements (HSPU, Press, Jerk etc.) are all weak.
There are some additional ones (general metabolic conditioning being one) but those are a good place to start.
T-30!!!!
15 years ago

what supplemental work are you doing for the deadlifts? deadlifts give me crap too. lol...I need to get down on my diet too and limit my variety days. but this time of year my SAD kicks up lol.
ReplyDeletekeep up the good work bro.